Monday, November 18, 2013

Healing

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made: your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  Psalm 139:14 NIV
This verse came to mind as I watched the thumb on my dominant hand heal last week. The injury was my fault. During a recent book signing event, I pulled my book cart too fast for too long. It was time to pack up and I hustled, ignoring the twitch in my thumb and wrist area. I paid for it two days later with a swollen thumb pad, an inability to rotate the thumb, and a throbbing pain. I used a recommended treatment, but more importantly, I prayed for God to heal my thumb. Meanwhile, I used my left hand to perform the tasks my thumb-immobilized right hand could not. It was awkward.
Each day, I watched the swelling go down and felt the soreness go away. On day three, I held my hands next to each other and saw that my thumbs once again matched in size and performance.
I am thankful. Next time, I 'll be careful to listen to my body parts if they give me a warning signal.
Praise Him,
Sylvia Brown-Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment