Monday, May 19, 2014

Cold Strike

One week ago today, I was sidelined by a cold. This is rare for me. I taught elementary school for so many years that I encountered most cold viruses and bacteria via my students. My body had a chance to grow lots of immunity. Since retirement from teaching, I've had much less exposure to children's sniffle germs. I guess I've gotten soft in that department. Last week, I didn't get lots of writing done, missed 3 gym workouts. My singing voice lacked the higher register. No energy. Not cool. Yet, blessings abound, and I feel pretty much like myself today! Pictured is my home regimen, accompanied by lots of rest and prayers: tissues, cough drops, water, vitamin-packed (C and others) fizz-making tablets, ginger tea with honey.
 
What works for you when you have a cold?
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment