Friday, July 20, 2012

Progress

According to a recently read article, several items formerly in our daily use will become out of use in my lifetime. Some people who forecast future trends list these items as becoming extinct:
1. old-fashioned light bulbs- I only have a few left and will replace them with the newer ones when they stop working.
2. answering machines- I hate to admit that I still have one, but I do.
3. tube televisions-I have one, but only one.
4. Rolodexes- I have one, and I actually use it several times a month because I don't yet have all my contacts in my cell phone.
5. subway tokens-I don't use the subway.
6. printed encyclopedias- I knew about this, but it's kind of sad. I remember when the salesman came to our house and my parents made the sacrifice to get a set so their children could do well in school.  Their answer to many of our questions was, "Go look it up in the encyclopedia."
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment