Monday, October 29, 2012

Hurricanes, Ice Cream, Faith

Right now, we're being visited by Hurricane Sandy. Major storms bring out interesting behaviors in people. Yesterday in between church services, I went to a local dairy, and the place was full of shoppers. What can I say?  I was there, too. My reason was not to get extra milk , bread, cheese, eggs, or other hurricane staples. I went to get three pints of ice cream because I only allow myself to eat ice cream on Sundays after dinner. I got three pints because it's Buy 2, get 1 free. This supply will last for a good while. Anyway, I heard one cashier say,"These people act like it's the end of the world!" 
I know the world will one day come to an end, and I live to be in the right position on that day. If  I'm living in obedient faith, it'll be okay if I'm at the dairy on that day.
Take care and be safe,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment