Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Preferred

I have a preferred pen that I use when writing stories on my yellow pad.  I'm not famous, but like some famous writers, I don't always write using my laptop. I've blogged here about my newest preferred coffee mug. I began to think about other items I prefer: a certain pair of black rubber house shoes from the almost-always-a-dollar store. These shoes mimic the expensive ones in the department stores. I prefer a certain recliner in my sun room, which is a preferred room for my relaxation and reading. I own many Bibles, but I prefer to use a certain one when I study. Its pages  are much worn from years of use. I prefer a certain drinking glass and a certain robe. A certain cooking spoon and a certain kitchen knife aid me when I prepare meals. That's 10 preferred items, and I could go on. But I won't. Instead, I ask you to think about 5 preferred items of yours. Items of which you have more than one, but you prefer THAT one.
Smiles,
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sylvia, I just read your June 1st blog, Preferred and thoroughly enjoyed it. In thinking of my 5 preferred items, a coffee mug, slippers with bent backs, baggy jeans, my favorite 'stuffed' chair and pillow, and my favorite preferred paint brush, I sense the comfy, cozy feel that comes with their use. Thanks for a fun, yet thoughtful, blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane,
      Your remarks reminded me of some more of my preferred items! Thanks for your your input.
      Sylvia

      Delete