Thursday, January 19, 2012

Hanging in There

At the bank ATM, there was an elderly lady ahead of me.  She stood very close to the screen and adjusted her eyeglasses repeatedly as she read the ATM  prompts.  She banged the screen as if she didn't know that a light touch would do.  It took her awhile,  but she got her money from the machine.  As she turned to leave the ATM area, she saw me and apologized for taking so long.  I assured her it was no problem. When she left the bank, I heard a car horn blow.  There was a woman in the car who resembled the elderly lady. The elderly lady was at the wrong vehicle waiting to be let inside.  The lady who blew the car horn said, "Over here," to the elderly lady, and smiled at me.  The elderly lady turned toward the correct car and laughed.   It was so cute.  I give the elderly lady credit for still attempting to handle her bank business and the ability to laugh at herself.  She may have moved slowly and gone to the wrong car at first, but at least she's still trying to do things for herself. She sets a good example.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment