Friday, January 6, 2012

Shopping Couples

This is so cute!  During the recent shopping season and again today, I saw approximately 4 elderly couples on separate occasions.  They were shopping together and they bickered continuously.  At first, just listening to their conversations (which were all loud, by the way) I thought they were angry and having arguments.  But when they turned into the store aisle where I was, I saw that  they had pleasant facial expressions. The various remarks went something like this:
SHE:  "I didn't tell you to get that color shirt.  Put that back; our grandson hates red."
HE:  "I'm ready to go.  How long are you gonna stay in this store?"
SHE:  "Stop telling me that same story.  I heard it a million times already."
HE:  "That costs too much.  Put it back."
HE: "I'm going to get the car."
SHE:  "Don't get those cakes, we already have some at  the house, and you don't even eat them."
These elderly couples seemed to have an easy comfort and real caring.  Whatever the words said between them in the store, each couple belonged together. I guess that's just the way they roll.
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment