Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Tasks

When faced with several tasks, do you start with the most challenging task, or do you tackle the easiest tasks first? Do you start with the task that takes the longest amount of time to complete?  Do you chunk your time-consuming tasks and do sections of these tasks over a period of days? Are you a person who does not chunk tasks because once you begin a task, you must see it through to the end on that very day?
I tend to tackle my most challenging tasks first, when my mind is the freshest.  As a writer, I have had to learn to chunk tasks; I cannot always finish a chapter in one sitting.  I am sure there is some personal styles inventory that analyzes why we attack our necessary tasks the way we do.  The most important thing is that we get the tasks done in a way that works best for us.  Right now, I am going downstairs to wash the dinner dishes.
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment