Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Birthday 2012

I had the most fun birthday this week.  On birthday morning, I slept late and had a leisurely cup of coffee in our quiet house, because my family members were at school and work.  Then, I had a brilliant idea: I went to the movies and saw The Avengers.  It was a matinee, so the admission cost was reduced and there were only about fifteen people in the theater. Great nostalgia for me, because, along with my brothers, I read the Marvel comics when I was little.  There I was on my birthday afternoon, at the movies, cheering for Thor, HawkEye, Iron Man, The Black Widow, The Hulk, and Captain America.  I even splurged and bought the pretzel bites with cheese sauce! Fun!
Later, my husband treated me to dinner at my favorite Italian restaurant.  I received lots of lovely cards/remembrances/phone calls from friends and other loved ones.
What blessings. I am thankful.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment