Tuesday, May 1, 2012

At the Window

Recently, I read a column in which people wrote about fast food drive up windows. I smiled in agreement at one of the remarks. There were complaints that the worker who took the order over the intercom box was rude, or that the speaker box was not clear, or that the worker didn't speak English well and was hard to understand.  None of these are true to my experience, but this one was: too many of these drive up windows have the menu board too close to the intercom box. One has little time to read the items on the menu before the worker asks you what you want to order.  I'm not a fast food regular, so I'm often unfamiliar with their menu offerings (other than a salad), so it takes me a minute to decide.  But I don't get a minute, it's Welcome to......May I take your order please?  There's only one drive up window in my area where the menu board is several feet away from the intercom order box.  I can read the menu, decide on the fast food least detrimental to my health, and make an unrushed choice.  It's probably good that this is so.  I don't need to eat fast food anyway.
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment