Monday, January 28, 2013

Returns

I'm one of those women who carries a large purse for some outings and a smaller, more casual purse for other outings. For example, if I'm about to  zip out to the grocery store, I put my wallet in a small purse and head out the door. Conversely, if I'm about to attend a business meeting, I pack a larger and more chic purse.
On Saturday, I purchased a replacement small purse that was on sale. I didn't take the paper stuffing out of it until today, right before I left to run errands. I unzipped an inside pocket and found a new dime inside. This made me smile and think of an old tradition. Long ago, I was told to put a new coin inside a gift wallet or handbag before I gave the gift. This was to wish prosperity to the recipient. Now, I don't say that this worked, but it was a kind gesture.
Anyway, I'll keep the dime until I return to the local shop where I bought the purse. I'll even offer to return the dime to the shop owner, and we'll likely share a laugh about it.
I wonder if I'd offer the money to the shop owner if it was a 100 dollar bill instead of a dime. Would you? Something to think about.
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment