Friday, February 8, 2013

Rescue

The last day I was able to use my laptop was January 29, 2012. On January 30, it would not start, no  matter how many corrective measures I tried. I realized this was far beyond my limited computer repair expertise, so I called my tech-savvy brother and tried to fit myself into his repair schedule. A few years ago, it would not have mattered too much to me not to have daily access to my laptop, but  my life has changed.  I'm a writer/author, a blogger, and at the start of a marketing campaign for my 2nd novel, BEYOND CHURCH DOORS- and no working computer?!?
While I waited for my brother to get to my laptop, I borrowed my significant other's a couple of days, but he needed it himself most days. I used my small tablet, but it doesn't have all the capacity I need for my work. I was tempted to go to the local library, to a friend's house, or to a corner  of some facility's computer lab. However, my brother came through yesterday, traveled more than an hour and  half one way,  picked up my sick laptop, and left me a loaner. Yay! It's not the same as having my own- the one I'm so used to I can work it with one eye open- but it's the next best thing!  
Hooray for rescuers!
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment