Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Aspirin

I was in a dollar discount store a couple of weeks ago. When I got in line to check out, I noticed a young lady who looked to be between 15 and 18 years old. Sometimes it's hard to tell, but her conversation sounded more young than old. She was buying a home pregnancy test and I think she was telling the 2  older male workers  at the cash register how nervous she was about the possible results of the test. One of the men appeared to offer comfort by saying she'd be okay. Since I came in on the tail end of this conversation, I wasn't sure about all that was going on. Then, the young lady took her purchase and walked out of the store. The two men looked at me and shook their heads, like they felt sorry for her. One of them said, "I told her to take an aspirin for that in the future. Take an aspirin, place it between her knees and keep it there the next time she feels tempted. That way, she won't have to go through this nervousness about getting pregnant."  
I don't think he meant any harm, but I felt some kind of way about his statement to me. By the time I paid for my purchases and left the store to catch her, the young lady was gone. 
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment