Thursday, May 16, 2013

Bugs

A few weeks ago, I went to a place to take care of some business. While in the building's parking lot, I noticed a truck parked there with lettering on the side that advertised pest removal, specifically bedbugs. I admit that this did give me pause, but I wanted to complete this business task, so I went inside the building.  While waiting, I inquired about the truck outside and was told that there had been some of these critters sighted, and that's why the pest removal staff was there.  I completed my business in that building, but I didn't place anything of mine down on the chairs, or the tables, or on the floor. I held my coat and my purse the entire time, and for good reason. Years ago, I returned from a bus trip  to the South where we stayed in at least 2 hotels on the way and back. Once back home, I discovered that German roaches had traveled back with me via my luggage.  An exterminator said this was how they got here, because these roaches are not common to the area in which I live.
Anyway, you can imagine that if I didn't welcome the hitchhiker pests from my trip, I truly wouldn't want to bring bedbugs to my home!
The writer in me says there's a story in this somewhere. Hmmm...
Take care,
Sylvia
www.nikkimacproductions.com

No comments:

Post a Comment