Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Coffee, Again

I like coffee. I have one cup a day, usually in the morning, and I don't drink any in the afternoon or later in the day. I usually brew my own at home. I'm not a coffee expert, so the rare times I do go to a specialty coffee shop, I have a hard time ordering. It has become so complicated. I've been to a popular coffee chain about 3 times lately, because I was out early and didn't want to take the time to brew coffee when I got home. My plan was to buy a cup of coffee, take it home, and add my own sweetener and flavored creamer. All I wanted was a regular sized cup with nothing but the coffee in the cup. It went something like this:
"May I have a regular coffee, please?"
"What size do you want, Miss? Large?"
"I want a regular size, like 8 ounces."
"Oh, you want a medium. And what do you want in your coffee?"
"I want it plain, with no sugar or cream, please."
The worker looked at  me like I was quite special. "Oh, you mean you want it black."
I thought plain coffee meant black coffee, but I was wrong. I know that because the worker wouldn't go off script-plain didn't mean black. Black meant coffee with nothing in it. I think she said that regular means coffee with sugar and cream.  You'd think I'd get this by now, but it's one of those things my brain doesn't want to learn.
Smiles,
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com

Oh, you may notice I've changed the website name. It works better for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment