Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Do You Remember?

My short term memory situation is becoming amusing to me. I can remember the black and white crinoline dress with the black sash that I wore in my kindergarten class photo. However, I can't remember the details of the conversation I had this morning at 8:15.
 I can remember so many details about my sister and brothers as we were growing up in the family home, but I can't remember what I came upstairs to fetch an hour ago.
I can remember practically all the lyrics to the songs from my teen years, but I have to think hard to recall what I ate for dinner the other night.
The good thing is, when I get quiet and settle down for bed tonight, those elusive thought snippets will find their way to the front of my brain. I'll remember this morning's conversation, why I went upstairs, and also the dinner meal. But then, I have to be prepared for the same memory dance tomorrow. Same dance, different details.
Is it just me? I think not.
Smiles,
Sylvia Brown-Roberts
www.nikkimacproductions.com

1 comment:

  1. I am the same way, the doctor says I have no short term memory because of getting older. I say, we women when we get older and hit the 50 and over mark, its time to do some extra praying. to keep ourselves and our minds in tune with the Lord, because so much more happens in our lives. God bless you Sister Roberts!!

    ReplyDelete