Thursday, February 20, 2014

Potholes

My newest sport is dodging potholes. In NJ and PA and other states where there's been lots of freezing and thawing, plowing and rock-salting, potholes have appeared. There's an art to avoiding them, but you have to be really alert. Driving strategies: straddle the pothole(s), go to the left or right-but watch out for vehicles in the other lanes, slowly creep into the potholes that look shallow. None of these strategies, however, is foolproof. I confess that I've hit one or two potholes in the last few days. I hope my little hoopty (car) holds up as we wait for spring and more permanent road repairs than quick patch up jobs. How many potholes have you met up close and personal today? Here are two that were friendly to my car.
 
Smiles, Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com
                                                                                                          














































































 

No comments:

Post a Comment