Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Triceps

I ventured out in the snow leftovers today to get in a workout at the gym. I don't know if I'll be able to go tomorrow because of the prospect of even more snow, or a wintry mix, as the weatherpersons report. Don't they get really hyped about the prospect of precipitation?
Our Curves gym now offers video workouts by Jillean Michaels built into the circuit training. I've been trying it out, and it works. The exercises are not always easy, but I feel some muscles that have been quiet for awhile. Today's muscle "rediscovery"- my triceps.   On the floor with my legs out, knees bent, feet on the floor. My arms are at my sides near each hip, fingers facing forward. I lift my bottom off the floor, using my arms for support. HELLO TRICEPS! I was too proud to holler, so I kept it up. By the end of the repetitions, I could feel my triceps muscle memory clicking into place. I wanted to quit, but I didn't. I plan to meet up with this routine again this week, and I'll continue until it becomes less hard. That's the way to build muscle. I'll never look like trainer Jillean, but I'll have stronger muscles and the satisfaction of knowing I didn't quit.
Isn't that one of the major points in life- to try your best at doing what's good and not quit?
Stay strong,
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com

Jillean Michaels

No comments:

Post a Comment