Friday, June 15, 2012

Embrace It

I heard a beautiful model say on television, "I have really large hands!" in a way that sounded like she was apologizing for them. It made me think that many of us have a feature or features that may not be our favorites because they aren't "perfect."  Maybe it's a crooked smile, bushy eyebrows, a generous backside, knock knees, a dental overbite, a pigeon-toed walk, bowed legs, a big nose, a high waist, skinny legs, etc.
Whatever you think your imperfection is, why not embrace it?  You were made that way, so why let others' rules for cosmetic perfection impact how you feel about how you were made?  Besides, as far as looks go, what appeals to one may not appeal to another.  It's really what's inside that counts.
And now, I'm patting my knock knees, and thanking them for working so well for me all these years!
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment