Friday, June 8, 2012

May I Take Your Order?

I was at a takeout restaurant one day this week because my schedule was cramped, so I didn't have time to cook dinner. I noticed something with a couple of the other customers. Not only were they extremely particular about their orders, they also wanted to get extras regardless of what the posted menu offered. One man got a drink out of the freezer case and began drinking it while his food was cooking, but not yet paid for. One man refused to accept his prepared food because the cook put the gravy on the turkey leg and the rice, instead of only the rice. He angrily told the cook to prepare it again, "I told you to put the gravy on the side; I don't like gravy on top of my turkey. I like to dip my turkey in the gravy!"
One man tried to convince the cook that the rice and gravy should come with the meat instead of being charged extra as a side order, "The other restaurants give you the rice and gravy with the meat!"
The cook spoke a limited amount of English and humbly explained during all of this. I thought, "What patience this man has."
It's good when we remember to treat others the way we want to be treated.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment