Monday, June 25, 2012

Soul Sing

Last weekend, I joined a few members of the church as we visited a local residential residence for seniors. We sang  hymns a cappella, read scripture, and prayed with the residents. It reminded me of when I was a teen and I tagged along with my mom and the other church sisters to sing at nursing homes and hospitals.  This Saturday past,  the residents enjoyed the gathering, and several of them took part in the singing. One woman, who appeared to speak  only Vietnamese, got so excited when we sang, Jesus Loves Me.  She sang this song with gusto, in her native language, while the rest of us sang in English. It's amazing what  a spiritual song can do for the soul, no matter what the language. I gained as much from this visit as did the seniors in residence.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment