Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Sugar

I just read an article about the damage caused to Americans who eat major amounts of sugar. The article referenced how our government initiated taxes on alcohol and tobacco, as well as informed citizens about the dangers of these non-essential-to-life products.  These efforts impacted alcohol and tobacco consumption. Now, there is a movement to fight the overconsumption of sugar, because candy and soft drinks are wreaking havoc on our nation's  waistlines.  Obesity has become a major problem. Some propose a stronger fat tax.  From my side of the fence, that's not a problem.  I've mostly avoided sugar and totally avoided soft drinks since I learned what too much of either can do to my body. We Americans generally don't like to be told what to do.  However, given the health facts, many of us have adjusted to a healthier lifestyle. Now, it's up to us to guide the children.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment