Monday, April 22, 2013

A Conversation

I'm trying to take more advantage of opportunities to do good to others. This includes sharing the Good News. You may know some people who do not have an active religious life, but they notice  that you worship regularly and attempt to live a faithful life, by grace. Have any of these people asked you questions about your faith and the Bible? Did you feel comfortable enough to answer the questions?
I had a surprise conversation with a business contact recently. He brought up the topic of religion and asked me questions. I prayed silently that I would answer the questions in the right manner. He seemed interested, so we talked for about 30 minutes before his next appointment. The next day, I decided to mail him more information about our topic: a couple of religious tracts and a sheet with the location of some congregations in his area. The following week, I received the business packet he'd prepared for me in the mail. The tracts I sent him were attached to the work  he'd done for me, but not the church addresses. I thought,"Maybe I did too much by sending him the tracts. Maybe I offended him."
Two more weeks went by before I heard that he'd been hospitalized in critical condition, unable to communicate. He's still hospitalized.
I'm thankful he and I had that conversation about faith and salvation, and I continue to pray for him.
Keep the Faith,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment