Thursday, April 18, 2013

Channel Change

Have you ever noticed that something changed when you entered and/or left a room? I'm not talking about being  paranoid or overly sensitive. I'm talking about a simple fact.
When I went to the dentist this morning, I entered the foyer and noticed that the television in the adjoining waiting room was tuned to the show called Cheaters, and a male patient was watching it. (Cheaters is a type of reality show where unsuspecting, unfaithful partners are exposed on camera. A while ago, at the urging of a young person, I watched it to see why it appealed to the young person. Of course, we had a long conversation about the concept of cheating, but that's another story for another day.)
I signed in at the desk in the foyer and headed for the waiting room. When the man saw me come into the room, he immediately changed the channel to a show that had religious songs and people in robes on the screen. I don't know if he didn't want me to see he was watching Cheaters or if he thought the religious music was more appropriate for me. I wasn't dressed for church; I had on my gym clothes because I was going to the gym afterwards. Maybe he was just being considerate. Maybe it was a coincidence. But, when the hygienist called me and I followed her out of the waiting room, I heard the Cheaters music again. Interesting, huh?
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment