Friday, April 5, 2013

Saving Blueberries

I have rediscovered a taste for breakfast oatmeal. While I haven't graduated to the steel cut oats version, I like the instant and the basic versions. My favorite flavor right now is the reduced sugar with apples. Coincidentally, I found that I like to add blueberries to this oatmeal, and I discovered this when I saw some blueberries in the fridge that my husband must have purchased and forgotten. Some of  the blueberries were starting to lose their plumpness. Some were wrinkled. Some looked like raisins. I felt sorry for the forgotten berries, so I counted out ten of the less pretty ones, rinsed them, and put them in my oatmeal. Delicious!
I've done this every day this week, and as yet, my husband hasn't seemed to notice. When he does, I'll gladly admit to this practice. He'll likely shake his head. Meanwhile, the nicest-looking blueberries remain in the container. I'll probably rescue them next week.
As for me, I'm getting antioxidants and a sweet taste while saving blueberries from mold and the waste can.
Smiles,
Sylvia


No comments:

Post a Comment