Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Approximations

Early in my teacher/staff trainer years, I worked in a program that involved Behavior Analysis techniques. One of them was about shaping desired behaviors in students, and stressed that approximations of  a desired behavior should be observed. Those approximations pointed to the student's success at reaching the desired end behavior. The small improvements were noted and praised. The student was encouraged.
Similarly, when I get too down on myself for not totally meeting a goal, it's helpful to recognize whatever progress I have made toward the end goal. I remind myself to keep going forward. I pray, of course.
I also have a magnet posted in my work room. The words are from an artist/writer named Jodi Hills. I discovered her work by checking out her website after I purchased a magnet that has one of her messages:
She wasn't where she had been.
She wasn't where she was going,
but she was on her way.
jodi hills
Nice...
Take care,
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment