Thursday, September 5, 2013

Cheesecake Save

The recent Labor Day Family cook-in was held at my house. It was going to be a cookout, but the rainy weather called for an adjustment.  The company was wonderful, as usual. Two of my brothers, my sister, and my mother joined us, and later our college junior and her roomie arrived.
 
 
 

My brother Ray brought this Turtle Cheesecake as one of the desserts.  I salivate now as I think about this delicious concoction. Fortunately, I ate only one slice. However, two slices were left at the end of our gathering. They were reserved for the 2 twenty year-olds, who can afford the calories. However, they wanted to pick the dessert up the next day. So, the 2 slices of Turtle Cheesecake stayed in my refrigerator overnight. Every time I opened the fridge door, they called out to me.
The next day, my twenty year-old came to get some more things from her room here. She was on her way out the door. I thought about the cheesecake, but didn't mention it.  Suddenly,she turned around and said,"Oh, I forgot about the Turtle Cheesecake I left here yesterday!"
As I took the cheesecake out of the fridge and gave it to her, I came to my senses. "Thank you, Baby. I really don't need to eat another slice, but I probably will if it stays here one more night." She smiled knowingly.
Saved by the 2 young ladies with the fast metabolism.
Smiles,
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment