Monday, September 23, 2013

Sister Silly-ahh

Children are so precious. Even in the most trying situations, they can often make you smile and stop taking yourself so seriously. Consider this: It's my turn to teach the Sunday School class of 3 through 5 year-olds. Three of my students are newly 3, and haven't yet mastered the pronunciation of the letter v following the letter l in a word. We adults do it without even thinking about it, but it does require the tip of your tongue to touch the lower inside of your top front teeth. Then,your lower lip must touch the bottom of your upper front teeth. Try it and see for yourself.
Anyway, one little girl always asks my name during class. I reply,"Sister Sylvia."
She  says what sounds like,"Sister Silly-ahh."   She then gives me her biggest smile. 
You gotta love it. Plus, she has it right in the sense that I do feel silly sometimes. Some days, more than others.
Smiles,
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment