Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Task List

Sometimes, we run around and try to complete so many tasks each day that we wear ourselves out, yet we try to get that one more task done. That was me yesterday. I handled the writing project, church project, repairman project, housework project. The last task on my list was to buy chicken and sauce fixings  to cook for dinner. At the checkout counter, I chatted with the cashier, paid for the food, and wheeled my cart into the parking lot. It wasn't until I opened the car to unload my groceries that I realized my bag of groceries wasn't in the cart, because I didn't put it in. I rushed back into the store. The cashier smiled and pointed to the customer service area.  I said,"I left my groceries here. I didn't even put them in my cart.  I guess I'm more tired than I thought  I was!"
The ladies at customer service, the cashier, and a couple of female customers laughed with me and nodded. At least three of these ladies remarked, "I've done the same thing before."
I shortened my task list for today.
Smiles,
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment