Monday, September 9, 2013

Garage Door

The garage door repairman just left, and I'm $300 lighter in the checkbook.  What started out as a rod problem was actually a spring and pulley problem on one side. Of course, one side can't be fixed without fixing the other side, for consistent performance.  The garage door company is a trusted company I've worked with since I purchased the house many years ago.  I know I'm not being ripped off. About every  3 years, something  about the garage needs adjusting.  It makes sense; I use the garage daily. Although I'm not a material girl, I like what I like. When I looked for a home, one of my requirements was off-street parking, with a garage being preferable.  I was blessed to obtain this.  Right now, I think I'll stand in the kitchen and use the remote to make the garage door go up and down smoothly.  It'll remind me of what I just paid for.


This unexpected repair also makes me think about what  my cherished late father used to say to me, "Sis, with a house, there's always something that needs to be fixed. That's just the way it is."

Smiles,
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment