Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Ladies' Night In

I spent the night with two wonderful senior citizen ladies not long ago.  One  is in her early eighties and the other one is nearing that age, but I don't speak with her too  much about that fact. I've known her long enough to know better. Both of these faithful Christians are widows, one has been for some years and one became a widow recently. I thought it might be fun for us to get together at one house, have some coffee and snacks in our pajamas/nightgowns, relax, and enjoy each the company.
These beloved ladies are both sweet and feisty. They have finely-honed nonsense detectors and have no patience for those who use the Bible inappropriately.  The conversation was lively and fun. We had sound debates while we watched an NFL game. I only remember that Michael Vick was in it, and his team didn't win, but I don't usually watch football. They insisted I stay in the room with them for chatting, so  I did. In between plays, they talked about the old days. They reasoned like righteous sages. Their minds are sharp. They miss their spouses, but they soldier on. They are faithful warriors. I'm thankful to have had the pleasure of a night in their presence.
Living  and learning,
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment