Tuesday, October 22, 2013

10,000 Steps

There's a 10,000 steps per day contest being held at the gym. We have a highway posted on the wall with many city/state markers as destinations on our road trip up the east coast. Each participant has a sneaker with her name on it. The sneaker is moved as we travel the highway with our individual step counts. We get these counts because each player wears a pedometer and tries to walk 10,000 steps per day. Weekly, we email the step count to the contest manager. (I think 1,000 steps equal a mile on the road.) Then, the manager moves each sneaker on the road that travels up the east coast and back. It's fun to see the sneakers move along the road.
I confess that my sneaker is not making maximum progress. First, I misplaced my pedometer. Then, I found it, but dropped it into the toilet. It took a couple of days to dry it out and get it working again. Some days, I forget to wear it.  As of today, I'm the third sneaker away from the start line. I've not made much progress. I think I'll get up now and walk around the house a bit to get a few extra steps on my count. I may not win the race, but I don't plan to quit.
Smiles,
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment