Tuesday, October 15, 2013

EVOO Check

I may be a little late to the party, but I do try to eat a significant amount of pure foods. So, an article about how pure some foods are, according to the food labels, caught my attention. I remember mostly the part about extra virgin olive oil. One test for checking the purity of extra virgin olive oil is mentioned. (It seems that  some olive oil brands have other less expensive oils mixed in, yet are labeled and sold as extra virgin olive oil.) The test: refrigerate the EVOO you purchased. If it thickens, it's pure. If it doesn't, your olive oil may have been joined with a less expensive oil, like corn oil. Don't laugh, but I just bought some EVOO from a 100 pennies store, and I'm going to put it in the fridge right now...
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment