Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Broken Mirrors

I have a habit of using a hand mirror to check out the back and sides of  my hairstyle in the wall mounted bathroom mirror. However, in the last five  months, I've managed to break four hand mirrors. No, they didn't break because of my appearance. (Heading my fun-loving, good-natured, teasing brothers and friends off at the pass.) The mirrors broke for other reasons:
I had wet hands when I picked up one mirror, so it slipped and fell to the floor.
I placed one mirror on the edge of the bathroom sink. Then, I turned and knocked it off accidentally.
I had scalp oil on my fingers, picked up the mirror, and it slid out of my fingers.
I can't remember how I broke the fourth mirror, but I recall sweeping up the pieces.
When I was in grade school, the saying was that if one broke a mirror, that person would be cursed with seven years of bad luck.
I'm thankful that being in Christ frees us from the bondage of superstition.
Take care,
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment