Sunday, January 5, 2014

Pattern Interrupted

This is so different for me. I'm actually writing a blog post on a Sunday, and before 12 noon. We have icy weather conditions  this morning, so our ministers wisely canceled morning services and we have a 3 pm service scheduled. Hopefully, the temperature will have risen by then and it will be safer to leave our homes and drive to the church building.
By now, on a regular Sunday routine, I would have:
participated in singing the morning hymn,
made sure Sunday School classes for children under age 12 were staffed and had materials,
distributed Sunday School books to some members of the adult Sunday Bible class,
joined the adult Bible class if no students showed up for Sunday School,
put classroom materials away and prepared for 11 am morning worship service.
So, it feels weird to be at my computer right now.  I look forward to worship service later today. I look forward to my Sunday pattern of worship, service, and fellowship with my church family.
Best wishes, and Happy New Year!
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment