Monday, January 13, 2014

Pots, Pans, and Lids

If you're ever a house guest of mine, you'll never have to worry about me asking you to put away my pots, pans and their lids. That's because I stack them in a particular order each time I return them to their cabinet. It makes plenty of sense to me, but to my housemates, not so much. The large pan with the long handle sits on the floor of the cabinet. The pots in size order nestle into each other and are placed into the large pan with the handle. In the back of the cabinet, the lids have their spot.  I stack them open side down, with the largest one on the bottom, the next largest on top of it, and so on. This works for me. I don't have to bend down, reach into the cabinet and clang pots, pans, and lids around to find a certain one.
The people who live with me can't seem to get this, so I tell them to leave the cleaned pots, pans, and lids out for me to put away later. Wait a minute! Maybe they do get my process and pretend not to. That way, they don't have to be bothered with this chore...
Smiles,
Sylvia
www.sylviabrownroberts.com

No comments:

Post a Comment