Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Ankles

 It's easy to take for granted our body parts that humbly go along with us and do their jobs, until we sustain damage to one of these body parts.  Then, we realize what important and intricate moves they make for us.  Last weekend, I twisted an ankle.  It was my fault.  I know better than to have handfuls of items and be distracted by them as I descend a staircase.  When my sister lived with me, she regularly reminded me, "Always keep one of your hands free when you go down the stairs."  She was right.
I am now reminded  that ankles help a lot with balance and with making turns.  A sore and swollen ankle makes it difficult to put on certain shoes and can prevent me  from putting on other shoes.  It causes me to limp.  A swollen ankle makes me go downstairs slowly and upstairs slowly, and it makes me lead with the good foot. It is challenging to get in and out of a car with a sore ankle.  Yet, I am blessed, because it could have been worse. I did not fall down the staircase.  I did not hit my head and I did not break anything.  My ankle improves more each day.  I have gained more respect for my ankle and all my parts.  I am thankful to God for His protection and healing.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment