Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Creature of Habit

Like many others in our region following the recent storm, my house electricity went out.  I have no room to complain, however, because my power was out only twice.  The down time was about 45 minutes each time. Some people in our state have not had power since Saturday and are not expected to regain power until this Thursday.  I pray for their relief.
One thing I rediscovered when the power was out is how much I am a creature of habit.  I knew the power was out, but I kept pushing up the light switches in  different rooms I entered.  I knew the power was out, but I tried to turn on the radio to listen to news.  I picked up the house phone to call and see if my neighbor was okay.  I opened the refrigerator and was at first surprised when the light inside did not come on.  I picked up the garage remote to  get my car out.  I adjusted the thermostat dial to turn on the furnace.  Each time I made one of these habitual moves, I shook my head and then chuckled at myself. 
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment