Friday, November 25, 2011

Shopping After Thanksgiving

Many people went shopping on what's known as Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving.  Some stores had sales as early as nine pm on Thanksgiving evening.  Some of my friends went to the mall at 12 midnight, and they later told me the place was packed.  My friends had a great time.
I guess people in other countries where they don't celebrate Thanksgiving or don't have the Friday after as the biggest shopping day of the year wonder why we here go through this.  I'm told there are great sales, but this year I heard there was lots of disturbing behavior also.  In one state, a woman reportedly used pepper spray on other shoppers in order to be the first to get at the specially-priced Wii games display.  A criminal flash mob  in another city  reportedly stole items from a major store.  There were a few other incidents of unsociable behavior during the shopping day.  This after a holiday set aside for giving thanks. Wow...
Take care, and give thanks everyday,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment