Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Old Fun

While driving this week, I noticed the large piles of tree leaves that homeowners gathered for pickup. This sight made me think of what I and other neighborhood children used to do when we saw or made a pile of leaves.  We would jump into the pile and roll around until the pile was flattened.  What fun we had in the leaf piles!  Of course, I wouldn't think of jumping into a pile of leaves these days.  Adults know what is in piles of leaves and adults also know we no longer jump our bodies around with abandon.  We might knock some  body part out of whack.
I thought of two other childhood thrills that I no longer view as fun.  I no longer eat snow,  nor do I perform flips on abandoned mattresses that I see in city lots.
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment