Monday, December 12, 2011

Library Friends

This past Friday and Saturday, I had the pleasure and privilege to do a book signing (Behind Church Doors) as part of The Book Bazaar held by The Friends of the Trenton Public Library.  I was in the Trentoniana Room, a place set apart for information and history about Trenton.  The Friends and the library staff were extremely hospitable, and I had the chance to chat with some warm and intelligent people.  The Friends had books, videos, jewelry, yummy desserts, and other interesting items for sale.  The prices were extremely reasonable! 
Long ago, I was a teenager, and I worked as an intern at the children's branch of this library.  I'd report there after school and would often walk home after work.  This job gave me the opportunity to read many books to the children, and to myself.  I guess this is why libraries are so appealing to me.  There's something special about finding a nice spot with books and quiet all around.  Worlds to explore...  Knowledge to gain...
Thanks to all who stopped by and chatted with me!
Thanks for the opportunity, Miss D!
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment