Monday, December 19, 2011

Please Calm Yourself

Today, two women almost got into an argument while doing holiday shopping at a major discount store.  There were many shoppers in the electronics section, of course, trying to purchase the latest devices.  I was there to see if the iPod Nano or the iPod Touch was best suited for one of my loved ones.  My strategy was to read the display information instead of tying up a salesperson with questions, especially with such a crowd.  That way, I could return at a later date and make an informed purchase.  I could also compare prices at another store.  I was reading product information when I heard one woman shout at another woman.  As far as I could tell, the woman standing in line was mad because the other woman crossed through the line and somehow disrespected the child of the woman in line.  The woman who crossed through the line replied she had said "Excuse me" before she crossed through, but the other woman kept fussing.  I  especially liked what the line-crosser woman then said, "Miss, I did not disrespect anyone.  Please calm yourself."  Then, she smiled and walked away.  She didn't take up the fight.  She had a good plan.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment