Monday, December 26, 2011

Pantyhose

I have a complicated relationship with pantyhose.  Although I know they are necessary, especially  in cold weather, and when I am dressed up, I do not enjoy donning them.  When putting them on, I have to be careful not to run them.  If I don't twist them in the exact way, they won't fit well at the top, or the ankle, or the seat area.
What if one were to write directions for putting on pantyhose?
After taking the hose out of the container, pull them out to stretch them.  Bunch one leg of the hose down to the foot section to prepare to stick in one foot.  Place the foot into the foot area of the hose and shimmy the hose to just under the knee level.  Bunch the other leg of hose in this same manner and place the other foot into the hose.  Lean slightly forward and shimmy the hose up both legs.  If necessary, jump a little to make this happen. Continue to do this until the hose is fitted in the seat area and the waistband is at the waist.  Be sure to straighten the waist seam.
This is the best I can do.  I wonder if a person who never tried to put on pantyhose could understand my written directions.  I am open for direction suggestions.
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment