Monday, March 5, 2012

Good Actions

While at the supermarket today, I was approached by a  man who was lovingly and patiently shopping with his elderly mother. I had noticed them earlier and we  had greeted each other.  When he approached me again, he asked, "Miss, can you talk with my mother?"  I said I would.  It turned out that she was looking for a product that her son preferred she discuss with a female.  I spoke with his mother and then she chose what she wanted from the shelf.  She was so sweet as she said, "Before I got sick, I used to be able to do this kind of shopping for myself, but now I  need help.  Thank you for helping me."  Then, she hugged me.
I felt tenderness for her and her son, who stood at a respectful distance while his mother and I discussed the different products for women.  As I left the store, I said to him, "You're a good son; you take care of your mother."  He thanked me in a modest manner and smiled. 
It is so nice to see good actions.
Take care,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment