Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mom's Cakes

My mother is a great cook.  She also makes delicious, down-home cakes and pies from scratch.  Her popular cakes are German Chocolate Cake, Coconut Cake-with or without pineapple filling between the layers, and Chocolate Cake.  She also makes a mean Banana Pudding and Sweet Potato Pie. Over the years, she has scaled down her dessert repertoire, because we no longer eat as many sweets.  However, when there's a special family event, Mom whips up one or two of our favorites.  Most family members will have a slice/serving, and we get any leftover dessert out of the house so we won't be tempted.  Well, I let her Coconut/Pineapple Cake get me in trouble this week because I took some long ago promised cake to a fellow church member.  The problem: some people in the church lobby heard me tell the church member that I had the cake in my car.  Several other people lobbied me for cake slices, and there were some looks of disappointment when I couldn't satisfy their requests. Maybe next time.
My Mom's cakes rule!
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment