Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Popping Gum

Every now and then I see something  that reminds me of  stuff that was important to me long ago.  Today, it was Gum Popping.  I was in a store today when I heard the sharp, fast, and rhythmic sound of someone popping their chewing gum.  It took me back to my preteen and early teen years, when it was cool to be able to make your chewing gum pop. The louder and faster the pops were, the better.  Back then, girls were the ones who did most of the gum popping.  As I grew older and got more fillings in my molar teeth, I lost the ability to pop gum without first blowing a small bubble. The thrill was mostly gone then, and  I was also told by someone that popping gum was not considered polite or sophisticated.  However, every now and then, when I'm alone, I still make small gum bubbles and pop them.
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment