Friday, March 9, 2012

Tucked Away

Do you ever discover items you forgot about or didn't know you had?  Maybe you decided to tidy your bookshelf and found a  book you placed there years ago.  Maybe you checked a coat pocket and found some money you didn't know was there.  Maybe you looked under your car seat and discovered the pen you'd already replaced because you thought it was long gone. 
Recently, I unexpectedly found a novel I'd borrowed from a friend long, long ago.  Actually, I didn't ask to borrow it; she had insisted I read her copy so I didn't have to purchase it myself.  When I opened the cover of the novel, I saw her familiar signature.  She always wrote her name in her books.  As I flipped through the pages, a photo of her fell out.   Her face wore a confident and fun loving smile.  In that photo, she was enjoying life.  At first, the book and the photo made me catch my breath, because she passed away a couple of years ago. It was sudden.  I'm thankful to have many good memories of our friendship; that tucked away photo ended up making me smile.
Take care,
Sylvia

2 comments:

  1. Touching post. And quite thought provoking. It made me think about warm memories from my past.

    ReplyDelete