Friday, February 3, 2012

2012 Checks

Okay. Fess up.  How many of us have not yet mastered writing 2012 as the  date year on our checks?  I'm told that we get a grace period of one month into the new year to do so.  If this is true, and some of us are still writing 2011 on our checks ( yes, there are some of us out there who have not graduated to online banking), we may have some challenges ahead.  One tip I got was to write the new year's date on the first ten blank checks in my checkbook.  That way, my eyes would get used to seeing the new date and this would make my transition easier. This tip has worked for me in the past.  However, I have the feeling that my creditors will accept my mistakenly 2011-dated checks past February 2012.  Now, I just  have to find out where I put my checkbook...
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment