Thursday, February 2, 2012

Telemarketing

Lately, I've been receiving more calls from telemarketers.  Although I registered for the Do Not Call list some years ago, I guess it must be time to re-register.  I've been thinking about how to handle frequent calls from  these people who are just doing their jobs.  Should I hang up on them while they're in mid-speech?  Should I listen to the entire speech, and then decline politely?  Should  I accept most or all of these requests for the good causes?  Well, I know I'm not going to  respond to all the causes; I can't afford to do that.  But, I don't like to  be rude to the telemarketer person.   I often say, "No, thanks", and hang up before a conversation can start.  I do hang up on the computer-generated voice telemarketers, because they're not humans. This week, I'll look for and call the Do Not Call registry again.  How do you  handle these calls?
Smiles,
Sylvia

No comments:

Post a Comment