Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Neighborhood Memories

I did a book reading at a residence for seniors last week. The residents who attended made interesting comments and were quite receptive.  There were two women present who are 93 years old, and they have sharp minds.  Each one  has a  great memory and  a great sense of humor.  An extra treat for me was that one of these woman grew up on the same street I grew up on, only, she was there years before my parents moved to the street. We happened to talk about that because one of the settings in my novel is my old street.  She told me about the  neighbors and buildings that were on the street before my family arrived there.  It was a joy to hear that kind of history from someone who was there.  I plan to meet her again so we can talk more about the old days on a street in a Trenton neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment